Defence Minister Shri Rajnath Singh to visit Maldives between May 01-03.
Topic: GS2 – International relations
- The defence minister is visiting the Maldives and strengthening the bilateral relations between India and the Maldives.
- It is essential for neighbouring countries to work together to address common challenges and promote regional security and growth.
- India’s commitment to capacity building of friendly countries in the region is a positive step towards promoting peace and stability in the Indian Ocean Region.
- The gift of a Fast Patrol Vessel ship and a Landing Craft to the Maldives National Defence Forces will further enhance the maritime security cooperation between the two countries.
Delhi witnessed the highest number of ‘Good’ to ‘Moderate’ air quality days in the first 4 months of January-April 2023.
Topic: GS3 – environmental pollution.
- This number exceeds the corresponding period in the last 7 years since 2016.
- The number of ‘Poor to Severe’ air quality days in Delhi has decreased to 68 in 2023 from 108 in 2016.
- The daily average PM10 and PM2.5 concentrations in Delhi were the lowest in 2023.
- The Daily Average AQI (Air Quality Index) in 2023 was also the lowest.
- The improvement in air quality is due to persistent field-level efforts and targeted policy initiatives.
- These initiatives are expected to result in gradual but marked improvement in air quality in the short, medium, and long term.