|Topic: GS1 – Art & Culture – Art Forms GS2 – Governance – Interventions for development in various sectorsUPSC-relevant: Inauguration of Sangeet Natak Akademi’s Dakshin Bharat Sanskritik Kendra in Hyderabad, promoting cultural heritage, reflects government commitment to preservation.
- Former Vice President Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu and Union Minister of Culture, Tourism, and DoNER Sri G Kishan Reddy inaugurated the Regional Centre of the Sangeet Natak Akademi in Hyderabad, known as Dakshin Bharat Sanskritik Kendra.
- The foundation stone for the Bharata Kala Mandapam auditorium was laid as part of the centenary celebrations of Ghantasala.
- The event also featured the felicitation of Padma Shri Awardees of 2024 from Telugu states, including Shri Dasari Kondappa, Shri Kethavath Somlal, Shri Gaddam Samiah, Smt Uma Maheshwari, and Shri Velu Anandacharya.
- The newly inaugurated Dakshin Bharat Sanskritik Kendra aims to promote research and documentation of Music, folk and tribal arts, theater, and puppetry in South India.
- Union Minister Shri G Kishan Reddy highlighted the Government of India’s efforts over the last 10 years to preserve and promote cultural heritage, with support from Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- Former Vice President Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu praised Prime Minister Narendra Modi for his tireless efforts towards a cultural renaissance in India and emphasized the importance of preserving the mother tongue through the National Education Policy.
|Sangeet Natak Academy
|PYQ: Safeguarding the Indian art heritage is the need of the moment. Discuss. (150 words/10m) (UPSC CSE (M) GS-1 2018)