Topic: GS3 – Indian agriculture.
- Union Finance Minister Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman and Union Agriculture Minister Sh. Narendra Singh Tomar unveiled several initiatives related to agri-credit and crop insurance in a landmark event.
More about the news:
- The initiatives launched by the Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare include the Kisan Rin Portal (KRP), KCC Ghar Ghar Abhiyaan, and a manual on Weather Information Network Data Systems (WINDS).
- The KCC Ghar Ghar Abhiyaan aims to extend the benefits of the Kisan Credit Card (KCC) Scheme to every farmer in the nation, promoting financial inclusion and easy short-term loans for farmers.
- She also emphasized the importance of real-time crop estimation, including crops like Dalhan and Tilhan, to aid better planning and pricing for farmers.
- Union Agriculture Minister Sh. Narendra Singh Tomar highlighted the government’s commitment to agriculture and rural economy, with a significant increase in the budget for the Ministry of Agriculture over the years.
- The WINDS manual aims to provide real-time weather information to farmers so they can take timely precautions for their crops.
- The government is focused on using technology and transparency to benefit agriculture, with initiatives like the Kisan Rin Portal, Ghar Ghar KCC Abhiyaan, and WINDS Manual.
- These initiatives are part of the government’s dedication to innovation and efficient service delivery in agriculture, with the goal of doubling farmers’ income and promoting sustainable economic growth in the farming community nationwide.