Topic: GS3 – cooperative sector.
- Union Home Minister and Minister of Cooperation, Shri Amit Shah, has initiated a significant decision to computerize and empower the registrars in all 28 states and 8 union territories.
Additional information on this news:
- Additionally, 1,851 Agriculture and Rural Development Banks (ARDBs) operating in 13 states will also be computerized through a national unified software.
- The scheme is modeled after the computerization scheme for Primary Agriculture Credit Societies (PACS) in the country.
- Offices of Registrar of Cooperatives in all States/Union Territories will undergo computerization similar to the Central Registrar.
- A Central Project Monitoring Unit (PMU) will be established to ensure the successful implementation of the scheme.
- The scheme’s implementation aims to provide quick access to services offered by Cooperative Departments and ARDB offices, while also enhancing transparency and uniformity in their operations for increased efficiency and time savings