- The President of India has virtually launched an Ayushman Bhav campaign and portal from the Raj Bhavan. The launch of the campaign and portal marked a significant leap towards achieving Universal Health Coverage (UHC) and ensuring healthcare for all, as it strives to further consolidate the accessibility and affordability of healthcare services, particularly for the underserved.
Key Highlights of the ‘Ayushman Bhav’ campaign
- The ‘Ayushman Bhav’ campaign, initiated by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, is a comprehensive nationwide healthcare initiative that aims to provide saturation coverage of healthcare services, reaching every village and town in the country. This initiative builds upon the success of the Ayushman Bharat program and signifies a paradigm shift in healthcare services.
- The campaign, which will be implemented during the ‘Seva Pakhwada’ from September 17th to October 2nd, 2023, embodies a whole-of-nation and whole-of-society approach. It unites government sectors, civil society organizations, and communities under a common mission to ensure that every individual receives essential health services without any disparity or exclusion.
- The campaign is a collaborative effort spearheaded by Gram Panchayats in coordination with the Department of Health, other government departments, and local elected bodies in rural and urban areas. Its core objective is to extend comprehensive healthcare coverage to every village and town, transcending geographical barriers and ensuring that no one is left behind.
· Components of the Campaign
- Ayushman – Apke Dwar 3.0: This initiative aims to provide Ayushman cards to remaining eligible beneficiaries enrolled under the PM-JAY scheme, ensuring that more individuals have access to essential health services.
- Ayushman Melas:These Melas will facilitate the creation of ABHA IDs (Health IDs) and the issuance of Ayushman Bharat Cards. They also offer early diagnosis, comprehensive primary health care services, teleconsultation with specialists, and appropriate referrals.
- Ayushman Sabhas:These gatherings in every village and Panchayat play a pivotal role in distributing Ayushman cards, generating ABHA IDs, and raising awareness about vital health schemes and disease conditions, such as non-communicable diseases, tuberculosis (Nikshay Mitra), sickle cell disease, as well as blood donation and organ donation drives.
- The Ayushman Bhav campaign is aligned with the vision of creating ‘Healthy Villages’ and ‘Healthy Gram Panchayats,’ laying the foundation for achieving Universal Health Coverage in the country.
- It will foster the prospects of robust health for every citizen and the nation as a whole.