Topic: GS3 – joint military exercise.
- A contingent of 120 personnel from the Indian Army and Indian Air Force departed for Kazakhstan to participate in the 7th edition of Joint Military Exercise KAZIND-2023.
- The exercise will take place in Otar, Kazakhstan, from October 30th to November 11th, 2023.
- The joint exercise between India and Kazakhstan was originally called “Exercise PRABAL DOSTYK” in 2016 and was later upgraded to a company-level exercise, renamed as “Exercise KAZIND.”
- This year, the exercise has been further upgraded to a Bi-service Exercise by including the Air Force component.
- The focus of the exercise is on practicing Counter Terrorism operations in a sub-conventional environment under the United Nations mandate.
- Tactical drills include Raid, Search and Destroy Operations, Small Team Insertion and Extraction Operations, and Counter Unmanned Aerial System Operations.
- The exercise aims to provide an opportunity for both sides to understand each other’s tactics, battle drills, and procedures for operating under the United Nations framework.
- The training will develop necessary skills, resilience, and coordination for conducting joint military operations in Semi-Urban and Urban environments.
- It provides a platform for both contingents to exchange views, share best practices, and strengthen the bond between the two armies.