Topic: GS2 – Government initiatives
- The Central Council for Research in Ayurveda Sciences (CCRAS), under the Ministry of Ayush, has launched the “Ayurveda Gyan Naipunya Initiative” (AGNI) to promote research and evidence-based practices in the field of Ayurveda.
- This initiative aims to document, publish, and validate successful therapeutic regimens practiced by Ayurveda physicians.
Objectives of AGNI:
Platform for Innovative Practices:
- AGNI provides a platform for Ayurveda practitioners to report their innovative practices and experiences in various disease conditions.
- Aims to foster a culture of evidence-based practice among Ayurveda practitioners.
Documentation and Publication:
- CCRAS will document and publish reported medical practices and therapeutic regimens for education and academic purposes.
- Collaboration with the National Commission for Indian System of Medicine (NCISM) for consultation.
- Identifying interested Ayurveda practitioners for collaboration in creating a comprehensive database.
- Applications and capacity building through training in research methods and good clinical practices.
- Undertaking research for mainstreaming pragmatic Ayurveda practices through scientific validation and evidence-based appraisal.
- Developing research proposals in collaboration with practitioners and relevant institutes/organizations.
AGNI, with its focus on documentation, collaboration, and scientific validation, is poised to contribute significantly to the mainstreaming of pragmatic Ayurveda practices. The initiative aligns with the broader efforts to elevate Ayurveda research and its global standing in healthcare.