|Topic: GS2 – International Relations – Bilateral Relations,
Relevant for UPSC as it outlines India’s aim to enhance economic ties with the UAE, emphasizing strategic partnerships and collaborations.
- Aspires to expand India-UAE bilateral trade to US$ 100 Billion.
- Highlights multifaceted nature of India-UAE partnership, covering space exploration, security, education, and climate action.
- Points out increased bilateral trade under the India UAE Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (CEPA).
- Emphasizes collaborations like the India-Middle East-Europe economic corridor and initiatives promoting Rupay and direct trade between rupee and dirham.
- Stresses the significance of the UAE India Business Summit as a platform to unlock vast potential in the partnership.
- Commends the leadership of H.H. Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan and Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi in enhancing bilateral relations.
- Expresses gratitude to H.E. Dr. Thani bin Ahmed Al Zeyoudi and Sultan Ahmed bin Sulayem for their contributions in fostering the friendship between India and the UAE.
- Acknowledges contributions of Yousuf Ali Abdulqader in fortifying bilateral ties, including significant investments in India’s growth story.
- Envisions the India-UAE partnership as a defining alliance of the 21st century, rooted in shared history and aspirations for mutual progress.
- Highlights the plan to establish Bharat Park in the Jebel Ali Free Zone, expecting it to open opportunities for international trade.
- Lauds UAE’s political stability, business-friendly policies, and infrastructural advancements as conducive factors for mutual growth.
- Praises Dr. Thani’s leadership in chairing the WTO Ministerial Conference 13 and assures full support from India for its success.
- Invites investors to participate in India’s growth story, emphasizing the nation’s potential and demographic advantage with a young, aspirational population.
- Reiterates the commitment of India and the UAE to forge an enduring partnership for mutual impact and prosperity.
|PYQ: How will I2U2 (India, Israel, UAE and USA) grouping transform India’s position in global politics? (UPSC CSE (M) GS-2 2022) (150 words/10 m)
|Practice Question: Discuss the strategic significance of India-UAE economic collaborations and partnerships, emphasizing their impact on mutual progress and global diplomatic relations. (250 words/15 m)